Thursday, February 12, 2009

Planning Ahead

Last year, a few days after Valentine's Day, I went shopping at Target and bought a bunch of small Valentine heart candy boxes for 10 cents each. Each box had three pieces of chocolate which I ate! I purposed a year ago to save the boxes and through the year, gather together valentine type stuff, and be ready this year to decorate the boxes for my precious granddaughters. Some of the trims I have had for over 40 years.
Click on the photo to see a close up of the boxes.

3 comments:

  1. I was just thinking today that we need to take time to get together. I want to learn from you again. You have created some awesome "found art" pieces. I want to take that skill and move it into my jewelry making.
    A couple of days ago I found some of the pearlized buttons you gave me years ago. So they got my creative juices flowing again.
    I love you dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I followed your lead and bought some for future projects. I thought they would make cute jewelry boxes for handmade jewelry for gifts. My sister's will be the first trial. I will create her necklace and box this weekend for her birthday. Wish you were here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they're just beautiful, your granddaughters must of loved them :)

    ReplyDelete